Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I stalled

So, the past few days have been trying to say the least. First off, I had two kids sick with the flu, trying to keep them well, plus keep everyone else sane. Not good. Jacob missed like 3 days of school, so once again I'm playing the catch up game, although his new writing strands is going really well!!! He likes it, because it is written to him, and he likes keeping it a secret, he even did extra days. He read about South American Desserts yesterday in reading and told me something I didn't know. Tapioca is made from the poisonous root of the cassavas plant. I love tapioca!

The diet continues. I had an off day from the HCG and stalled. I didn't lose anymore weight for 4 days. Sat, Sun, Mon, then when I got up this morning I had gone down another pound, so that makes 6 pounds in 9 days really if you don't count the two loading days. That works. But I have paid for it the past few days. I have been extremely hungry. Now mind you I have a cold, which is causing some indigestion and a ton of gas, I think this made it worse, I also started drinking the protein shakes. While they are easy, they just don't last!!! So back to actually eating, and eating smarter, I just had a HUGE lunch. Okay, so let me explain. I had been following to a tee the directions from my doctor, but yesterday I happened on this website, My HCG Family... well they have a link to the original doctor's writings, and I noticed several subtle differences. One the original doctor allowed 2 grassini breadsticks a day with a meal, and 1T of milk every day. Now I have been foregoing anything like that, but I do like a touch of milk in my morning tea, still can't abide the coffee without vanilla syrup, so no go on that! and what up with the breadsticks, which are readily available at Kroger. He also allows veal, I love veal, better than beef and he doesn't like US beef, because it is too fatty throughout....hmm, my doctor allows it, but no more for me. So I went to Kroger and bought some salad greens, veal, lobster, crab and more chicken..... oh and the grassini. For lunch I had the salad greens, (a whole container, seriously because you get 6 ozs.) and 100gms of veal, which i seasoned with salt pepper and emeril seasoning and cooked on the george foreman. Then I sliced the veal poured the juices that collected while it rested on the greens and the tiny pieces of meat, and squirted the whole thing down with balsamic. Oh my goodness. I feel so full. That is a lot of salad, and I had my breadstick, just one, no big deal, and I feel confident that I can last till dinner, which will be orange roughy with cherry tomatoes, basil and lemon. Oh yeah and that breadstick. Wish me luck, only the scale will tell if the breadstick causes my downfall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment